Hello All! As you may have noticed, there’s been a bit of a lull in the postings on our humble little ‘blog. For various reasons, I’ve not been able to dedicate as much time to this site as I wanted (my lame excuses listed below). Thankfully, that is starting to change now!
First and foremost, I plan to finish out the Top Ten Linux FUD Patterns. Seven down and three to go!
Second, I am planning a new series. I often write about market forces since most of the intentional FUD is generated by the supporters of the competition. In this series, I will cover some basic economic concepts and how they relate to the OS market.
Finally, I’d like to hear from you, our readers, about what you want to know with respect to Linux. If you are on the fence, what information will help you decide if Linux is right for you? I’d also love to hear some success stories on the FUD front and how you helped combat it. Please feel free to post a comment to this article or write to us directly via the Contact page.
Oh yeah. As promised, here are my lame excuses for not posting more often:
- Becoming a Dad. This is my second and whoever said the woman does all the work should be shot. Finding the perfect shade of pink wall paint is not easy!
- Finishing College. This is also my second time around, presently with a postgraduate business degree. Burnout is not a pretty place.
- Earning a Living. The busy season in our office spans from August to October. Unfortunately, many lunch hours had to be sacrificed this year, which is when I do most of my writing.
- Writing a Book. I started writing a technical management book six years ago and all but shelved the project to go to school. That was a good move, but now I am excited to get back to it.
- Running the Country. Well, indirectly. Researching candidates is time consuming, but well worth the effort.