Amarok Gets Updated to 1.4.5
The best music manager and player (IMHO) for Linux, Amarok, has been updated to version 1.4.5. If you are an Ubuntu user, it works without any problems in the Gnome desktop environment, even though it is a KDE application. You can download the new version here:
Some notable new features and changes include:
- An integrated Shoutcast stream directory.
- Support for custom labels. Organize your music how you want.
- Magnatune redownload manager
- Improved sound quality when using the equalizer with xine.
- “Automatically show context browser” feature makes a return, as per popular request. It is however disabled by default.
- Cover images are shown in collection browser.
- New items in the playlist are colorized, as a visual cue.
- Synchronize play count, last played time and date of modification to iPods
- Greatly improved sound quality for the xine equalizer.
- …and much more.
As a side note, Linux FUD is included in Amarok’s Wiki. 🙂 Neat.