Panda Software Releases Panda DesktopSecure for Linux
A complete security suite solution for protecting Linux workstations released by Panda Software is available for Linux users at http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/DesktopSecure.
The Press Release misleads you into thinking this is free software, when in fact, what you get for “free” is a trial. On top of it all, you have to fill out their form to download the trial, show in the image.
Thank you, but no thanks.
If you are interested, though, the key features of Panda DesktopSecure for Linux include:
- Anti-malware protection, against both Windows and Linux threats, including dialers and spyware.
- Mail protection. Resident mail protection that scans and disinfects mailboxes in the most widely used mail clients, such as Ximian or Mozilla.
- Ease of use. Designed to maximize use of your time, allowing you to find out the status of the protection at a glance, using the system’s self-diagnosis feature.
- Powerful firewall. From the X-Window interface you can scan network traffic, detect intruders and check which ports have been opened by different programs.
- Flexible updates. The automatic update mechanism protects the user transparently.
- Customized service. Get advice about installation and responses to your queries and incidents within 24 hours.
I’m not trying it out. But if you do, feel free to leave your impressions of it here.